At Vajra Pilates and Muscle Activation, Jenny Miller provides you with what you need to get stronger, leaner, healthier and happier.
Jenny has been practicing Pilates since 1996 and teaching in the Bellevue/Redmond area since 2000. She completed her 600 hour instructor training and certification in 2002 with Gail Anderson, a nationally acclaimed Pilates teacher of teachers. Jenny worked in Gail’s studio, Balance Within, in Redmond, WA, for two years, before opening her studio in 2002, now Vajra Pilates and Muscle Activation.
Jenny began training in Muscle Activation Technique (MAT) in 2011 and became a Certified MAT Specialist in 2012.
Jenny has the full spectrum of high quality state of the art Pilates equipment as well as a vast array of top end air compressed exercise machines to help the individual reach their ultimate physical goals.
With 20 years of Pilates experience, Jenny has worked with a variety of individuals including: professional athletes, injury and surgery rehabilitation patients (knees, shoulders, back, neck, feet), people with obesity, osteoporosis and scoliosis, neurological disorders (stroke, Parkinson’s, MS), skiers, cyclists, equestrians, golfers, tennis players, weekend warriors and many people who just want to increase their strength, flexibility and fitness level.
In addition to Pilates and MAT, Jenny has an extensive background in meditation, yoga and athletics (primarily skiing, cycling and softball).
Depending on your needs, a session with Jenny might begin with Muscle Activation Technique to assess and treat any muscular imbalance and weakness in your body. You might then progress through a progressive detailed personal exercise plan using Pilates and strength training that aims to meet your individual goals.
Sometimes MAT is not indicated and your first session begins with the basics of core identification, posture, and the basics of Pilates. Jenny’s goal is always to give you the hardest, most worthwhile work out that your body can safely handle.
Jenny also offers coaching in nutrition, meditation and life choices. Pilates is traditionally a body/mind discipline, but Jenny believes anything can be (and perhaps should be) a body/mind activity, so she uses Resistive Training Specialist principals via traditional Pilates based exercises, strength training and sometimes a form of meditation to guide you through a personalized program to help you become your best.
Jenny’s Training and Studies:
MUSCLE ACTIVATION TECHNIQUE (MAT)
- MAT – 10 month Internship and Specialist Certification (2011 – 2012)
- MAT – Masters Trunk and Spine with Kevin Dunn (2014)
- MAT – Masters Upper Extremity Master with Greg Roskopf (2015)
- MAT – Jumpstart with Jacques Taylor (2011) and with Charlie Cates (2014)
- MAT – Masters Lower Body with Greg Rospkopf, Dr Eryn Paetz and Dr Ryan Coufal (2016)
- MAT – Masters Cervical Spine with Eric Seiverts (2017)
PILATES FOR FITNESS AND REHABILITATION
- 600 hour instructor training and certification with Gail Anderson at Balance Within Movement Studio, formerly in Redmond (1999-2002)
- Cadaver Anatomy at Bastyr University in Kirkland, Wash (2000)
- Anatomy and Physiology with Kathy Campbell, RPT (2001, 2002)
- Kathy Grant’s Advanced Pilates Chair and Mat with Dixie Funlee Shulman (2003)
- Eve Gentry Approach with Michell Larssen (2003)
- Kitty Daniels, Dance Director Cornish School of the Arts – Pilates and Movement (2002)
- Zen of Pilates – Mary Bowen (2006)
- Advanced Pilates Flow with Michael Miller (2001, 2002)
- Shoulder mechanics with Rael Iscowitz (2004)
- Knee Pathology and Treatment with Karen Clippinger, MSPE (2006)
- Kyphosis and Osteoporeosis with Karen Clippinger MSPE (2015)
- Reformer repertoire with Lolita San Miguel (2006)
- Decompressing the Hips, Pelvis and Spine with Madeline Black (2011)
- Arms of the Core Elizabeth Larkham (2006 and 2010)
- Shoulder Anatomy with Nora St John (2015)
- Masters Program: Being a Great Teacher with Amy Alpers (2008)
- Mat with Tom McCook (2008)
- Chair work with Valentin (2008 and 2015)
- Spinal Mobility with Nora St John, MS (2010)
- Movement Systems Physical Therapy, Seattle – Foundations in Movement (2006)
- Pathokinesiology of Degenerative Neurological Disease with Brent Andersen, PhD, PT, OCS (2015)
- Pathologies and Protocols for the Shoulder with Brian Ritchey (2015)
RESISTIVE TRAINING SPECIALIST (RTS) AND STRENGTH TRAINING
- Resistive Training Specialist (RTS)
- RTS 123, Strategies, Precision, and the Functional Continuum with Charlie McMillan, MATm (2011)
- RTS Practical: Continuum Training with Jacques Taylor, MATm (2014)
- Force and the Nervous System with Jacques Taylor (2012, 2014)
- Strategic Force Application: Pilates with Jacques Taylor (2015)
- The body through Feldenkries – Jeff Haller and Joe DeShaw (2005)
- Meditation and Awareness with Ken Russell of The Way of Seeing® (2000 – 2006)
- Co-taught a Meditation class for the Way of Seeing (2004-2005)
- Jai Power Yoga with Brian Bales of B1 Yoga (2004-current)
- Segments of Ana Forrest’s Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (2000, 2002, 2006, 2010)
- Yoga for Knee Strength and Protection – Aadil Palkhivala (2002)
- Workshops and classes with Sean Corn, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Lisa Black and more